Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

An Open Letter to My Backpack (an homage to packing)

Dear Backpack,

Seeing as I leave in two weeks I figured it was probably time to start packing. For this reason, you have caused me much agony over the past couple of days. I started out with a reasonable amount of clothing and was proud of myself for how small I packed it all. You tricked me though because you couldn't even hold half of my belongings. You are so big and heavy yet you cannot carry many of my things. It is an unfortunate paradox.

It was not nice to lead me on that way. Don't worry, I've worked past some of your tricks and packed you full. However, the joke is still on me because I feel lucky to have squeezed in 1 pair of jeans, 1 sweatshirt, 4 pairs of shorts and 5 t shirts amongst a few other goodies. But hey, at least those clothes will be realllllly broken in by the end of the trip!

This should be a fun 6 months.

I hope our relationship improves because we have to spend a lot of time together.

Grace

2 comments: